Zaskorski & Associates Architect, P.C. (Z & A) has over 35 years of extensive experience in the renovation and rehabilitation of existing buildings (exterior and interior) in both public and private sectors in the New York City area (NY, NJ, CT, RI).
Founder, Carlo Zaskorski, AIA, has designed and administered the construction and restoration of hundreds of building projects including residential coop and condo apartments, commercial, institutional, educational, religious, and medical buildings and facilities both public and private.
Z & A was awarded a Lucy G. Moses Preservation Award of Excellence from the New York Landmarks Conservancy and an Award of Merit from the American Institute of Architects for the Historic Preservation of the Rodin Studios (200 West 57th Street - SW corner of 7th Avenue and 57th Street).
Z&A has an experienced and broad-based staff and is comprised of 3 Registered Architects, 2 Project Managers/Architects, and experienced survey/CADD staff. Z&A employs experienced, industry leading consultants for structural, mechanical and electrical design while maintaining project oversight. Z&A uses state of the art IT and computer drafting systems. Z&A has also developed extensive experience working with environmental consultants.
Z&A's professional memberships include: American Institute of Architects (AIA), New York Landmarks Conservancy Inner Circle, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), Precast Concrete Institute (PCI), Friends of Terra Cotta (FOTC), and Society of Industrial Archaeology (SIA).
Z&A design services include:
• Restoration of Landmark and Historic Structures / Adaptive Reuse
• Architectural & Engineering Services for Commercial and Residential Development
• Interior Architecture,both Residential and Commercial.
• Facade Restoration (FISP formerly known as Local Law 11/98) Examination, Reporting & Filing / Building Envelope Assessment
• Physical Conditions Survey (Site, Building Envelope, Building Interiors Structural, Mechanical Systems, Electrical Systems, Passenger Elevators & Freight Elevators)
• Waterproofing, Roofing and exterior rehabilitation
• Ownership Representation & Review of Proposed Construction